Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Moving pictures

Two really cool video things out there that you really should take a look at:
  • Rich Hernandez of the San Jose Mercury News and Multimedia Shooter has a very cool tutorial online about how to set up a Wordpress blog on your ISP. You can find it here. There's also a link to a QT movie, an 80MB download. Rich says that if he gets enough comments, he'll talk about some advanced stuff, such as widgets. Send those comments, folks.
  • If you haven't had a chance to check out Livenewscameras.com, do so. I just finished watching the Los Angeles Fox station's news (yeah, OK . now I've got the Denver traffic cams on; headed out there for ACES next month, so ...). Anyhow, this came to my attention from an e-mail Andrew Finlayson, the news director at the Fox station, WFLD, in Chicago. He mailed Bill Rogers, head of the S.C. Press Association, wondering if any newspapers were streaming video live. Apparently Finlayson wants to open up the site to all sorts of feeds. From his e-mail: Do you know of any newspapers that are streaming live video? If not, why not? It’s not that hard, we can show how to start streaming with very little expense. We believe every news site in the world will soon need to be able to stream live video when a big story happens in their area. It doesn’t take live trucks. We also believe that if journalists don’t work together and aggregate their work and share in the success…someone else will.
I think he's right. So help me out here. Anyone out there doing live video? I know I've heard of some papers doing webcams, but I can't put my finger on them right now ... but this sounds as if it would be more than simply shooting a webcam out a window. Thoughts anyone.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home