Wednesday, October 26, 2011

When taste - and common sense - took a vacation

Yeah, call me a prude. But when I see a lede on a story like this, it makes me cringe, even if it is in the college paper:

South Carolina scores 2.21 GPA on annual Trojan report card

When it comes to safe sex, USC is not on top like it was two years ago.

 (Not to mention that there apparently was an explosion in the brackets factory and they managed to embed themselves -- many improperly -- into all those quotes.)

And then, of course, there was this editorial headline:


I know. College is a fun, frivolous time. But if they're not using common sense here, will they suddenly be able to turn it on in the "real world"?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10/26/11, 1:49 PM, Anonymous Josh Dawsey said...

Ouch.

 
At 10/26/11, 1:54 PM, Blogger King Kaufman said...

Heh-heh. You said "turn it on."

 
At 10/26/11, 2:15 PM, Blogger Doug said...

I toyed with "get it on" ...
d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home