Sunday, July 17, 2005

Ship news source

A scrap of paper oozed up from the pimordial mess I call my desk and reminded me I wanted to point out to editors and reporters an interesting little site if you are into ships, or if you work anywhere near the coasts.

A Dutch site called Nautiek Scheepvaartsite periodically puts out -- in English -- a PDF file on the goings on in the nautical world from around the world. It's a hodgepodge of stuff, but just the sort of thing that can produce a good tip now and again.

I'm not sure of the frequency. It seemed frequent for a while, but the last one I now see on the site is from early June.

Unless you understand Dutch, you might not understand much else on the site -- though "screensavers" seems to be a universal term -- but if you look on the right, there's a picture of a daily paper under the heading "scheepvaartnieuws" (ship news?). That's the link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home