Friday, June 22, 2007

Why is anyone surprised ...

... that this has happened in TV news? Fox parachutes model in to small Texas TV market to serve as anchor so it can produce a reality show.

http://www.star-telegram.com/389/story/142950.html (Not necessarily the news)

I love two of the comments:

"In a market this size, you especially need to do local news, and when you do it, you have to spend a lot of money. It's a slow ratings build, because you're changing [viewer] habits," [station owner] Hurley explains. "I ran into him, we got to talking and I said I'd be interested, because what it does for me is it creates an interest to sample my product."
And

"I always wanted to be an anchor ever since I was a little girl," says Jones, 24. "My biggest idols were Katie Couric and Connie Chung. I also like Ryan Seacrest. He's got that comedic thing going on.

"I got a bit sidetracked because, when I was in college, I wasn't exactly sure what to major in. I was modeling to pay my way through college. ... I kept thinking, 'This is great, but I've got to turn myself around.'"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home