The disconnect over paywalls
You just wonder, some days, if anyone pays attention to the research being done about this business, especially online payments.
- Readers will consider micropayments - but only pennies, from the UK.
- News execs, readers split on how likely it is the readers will shift to print or pay online if paywalls are erected. Get the entire report at API. (David Sullivan takes a bit more sanguine view, arguing that even a 10 or 20 percent bump in usage of the paper would be a good thing.)
- Another survey of a few days ago says less than half of online readers would pay for content.
- What exactly is online, especially broadband, penetration?
- How many people say they turn to their cell phone for information?
- More important, what is the trend? How do your customers expect they will be getting their info in five or 10 years?
- And, of course, what are they willing to pay for it?