Thursday, June 30, 2011

Resume visualation site

I was intrigued when I first read about this site, Visualize.me, which is a startup that will take your LinkedIn data and turn it into a spiffy, visually oriented resume.

I have mixed thoughts: On one hand, I think it's a neat idea. On the other, anytime an app wants to muck around in my data on a social networking service, I give it serious thought, scrutiny and research.(Not to mention that if you use it, you're going to have to go into Linked-in and make sure your data is clean or that you clean it up and make sure it is exact on things like expertise, something that can be time consuming.)

So we'll see. For now, if you want to look at the promo stuff:
http://vizualize.me/bbm5x

That code on the end I think is supposed to track the number of people I refer. So if you don't want that, I perfectly understand, just use http://vizualize.me.

As someone noted in the comments on that post, this still probably isn't for the HR dept. that wants to scan in your resume for keywords, but it might impress the hiring manager if you can get past the HR gantlet.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7/1/11, 10:36 AM, Blogger Deborah Potter said...

Interesting idea but hard to explore the possibilities if you have to provide an email address for a 'premium account' before you can even see what they're offering. Not user friendly, that's for sure.

 
At 7/1/11, 12:17 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Yeah, thus my mixed thoughts. There are some other sites on the Web that have examples from a presentation the company recently made in Toronto.

I think their marketing is very social media savvy - asking people to Tweet or FB the link with the specific code on it. Media might take note.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home