Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Numerazzy - AOL style

So I'm watching TV tonight and see this AOL ad I haven't seen before (is that even possible?). It proceeds to helpfully tell me that because of spyware, if I have high-speed access, my computer can slow down as much as 500 percent.

Whew. Since my computer would effectively be a doorstop at 100 percent, I guess that means that spyware is just sucking the silicon life out of it.

Someone check AOL's books. With math like that, maybe all those rumored suitors wouldn't find it that good a deal after all.

2 Comments:

At 10/26/05, 1:09 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Wouldn't it be nice? But then you'd have to question stuff like this, and there'd be a lot of arbuments about "artistic license," and it would just get messy.

 
At 12/13/05, 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed the same thing and have been telling people about it. The funny thing, the people I tell who are current AOL subscribers actually believe what the commercial says. I guess AOL has found their demographic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home