Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2011 AP stylebooks a hot item?

Amazon is listing a new edition of last year's AP stylebook for $134.78 and used from $112.29.

Who knew these would become high-priced collector's editions, eh?

I'm thinking #pricefail here.

I especially love this above the display:

When you buy this book now for $112.29 and sell it back later for a $0.26 Amazon.com Gift Card, it could cost you as little as $112.03.



And don't forget that free (!) two-day shipping for students.

(I can probably cut you a deal on one of these for, say, just $105 {grinnnnnnnn}.)



A tip o' the hat to Karen Flowers for the outpoint.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8/29/12, 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are third-party sellers asking those prices, not Amazon. Anyone can ask, it's noteworthy when someone actually pays that much.

 
At 8/29/12, 2:52 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Yeah, but fascinating when those same third parties are asking so little for all the other years.

I guess I missed the treasure map in the 2011 edition :)

 
At 8/29/12, 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was shocked when a student told me she couldn't afford the Stylebook. I went online and saw Amazon's page. I flipped! What is up with that anyway? There's another version for $12.

 
At 8/29/12, 11:56 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Have the student get the 2012 - it's cheaper :) (better to have the most up-to-date one anyhow; there have been the usual raft of changes from the year earlier).

Even better, have the student get the online subscription if he or she has access to a computer when needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home