Sunday, May 22, 2005

Jarvis moves on

Jeff Jarvis is now officially Buzzmachine LLC.

He announces on his BuzzMachine blog that he's quit Advance. Net to do consulting, work with About.com now that it's part of the New York Times, work on a book, do some speaking and work on a hush-hush new news startup.

Of course, the post following his announcement lists the next three media appearances he's making: "On Kudlow at 5:45p ET and Hewitt at 7:20p ET today and on NPR Monday morning."

I respect a lot of what he has to say. I wish him the best of luck and am really excited to hear about the new news venture.

But can we find some other poster children for a while? I think we're falling right into the same trap as old media -- trotting out the same people all the time. We need to bring as many new voices in as possible (and no, I do not mean me, in case you were wondering) so that when the producers call we can broaden their horizons. I don't know how much Jeff or Jay or some of the others do that -- suggest referrals. But I hope quite a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home