Thursday, July 20, 2006

And now on the lighter side

After those two posts, had to share this other item from the SPJ letter. Besides, it's from one of our students here at the "other" USC doing an internship at The Greenville News. Seems things got a little boring on the reporting gig as an intern, and so Jess Davis penned this:

Bored intern waiting
Phones ring, but never for me
Oh, their cruel taunting.”


Just substitute "writer" for intern, and Davis' haiku becomes a handy all-around lament.

3 Comments:

At 7/22/06, 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I had time to write haikus during my internship. What am I saying? I wish I had time to eat dinner!

 
At 7/22/06, 2:13 PM, Blogger Doug said...

Edit intern finds
Dinner becomes luxury
Breakfast, lunch are best

Haiku Heds

Just preparing you for the real world.

 
At 7/25/06, 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm famous. Woo

I did think it was funny the editor thought I was a guy.

Hope you're having a good summer...I'm sure you can't wait for a whole new class of copy editors to torture. :)

Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home