Friday, April 27, 2007

E-mail 'Interviews'

If you haven't been paying attention, a skirmish broke out recently when a Wired magazine reporter tried to do phone interviews with Jason Calcanis and Dave Winer.

They responded that they prefer just e-mail these days because they have been so misquoted.

Yet another front in the "J-wars" -- things journalists are going to have to think a lot about -- that they are not in control in the output or the input. That's going to unnerve a lot of people.

I'm not going to do the big post here about the pros and cons of e-mail (no, I don't favor it because I can't be sure who I am talking to, and I like some spontaniety as well -- but I also see the other argument). But go read some of the posts and roundups.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home