VT Shootings and Roanoke
Amid the horror on the Virginia Tech campus today, The Roanoke Times again has shown why it gets it when it comes to online.
- A map of the campus showing where the shootings took place.
- Audio with an eyewitness under a slide show of the aftermath
- A complete running timeline along with video from the Virginia Tech president's news conference.
- A "Timescast" video report, although as of this hour it's a little dated. Still, it shows how to marshal your resources and get the information out there.
- This interesting statement deep in one of the stories: A Roanoke Times message board exploded Monday morning with angry rhetoric between gun rights advocates and opponents. One poster argued that the shootings and other university violence was reason enough for Virginia Tech to reverse its policy banning concealed weapons permit holders from carrying guns on campus. The Times later took the message board down.