Friday, February 06, 2009

TVs advised to prepare for newspapers' demise

And now you can add this to the mix.

Some of us have been saying for years that if newspapers die, others will try to fill the void. (Don't pile on -- I'm not saying it will be anywhere near what the traditional newspaper newsroom can produce, and a "they can't match the quality" argument is somewhat pointless in this "good enough" age. And I am NOT saying I want them to die).

Now from Lost Remote is "How local TV sites can take advantage of newspapers" -- basically a recipe to TV stations of how to do it over the cold, dead bones.

If this doesn't get your dander up, you truly are working in the wrong business. I'd post a copy of it in every newsroom ... jus' sayin'.

(Besides, a little competition never hurt anything.)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/7/09, 9:40 PM, Blogger Niall.S said...

Very good link. I think that UK news sites are ever fantastic. I am a follower of the BBC and The Times which are both well written. Competition from TV should be seen in a postive way as it should surely up the standard even further.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home