Dear AP: Turn the damn "embed" code off
Over at Seeking Alpha, another example that "apparently doesn't get it" starts with AP. It goes like this:
- AP broadcast member discovers AP video channel on YouTube
- Member notices the videos have the "embed" code enabled (in fact, the entire channel has an embed code - see below)
- Things with "embed" turned on in the world of online etiquette signal they are there to be shared.
- Member puts embed on its Web site.
- Member gets cease-and-desist letter from AP.
AP later apologized and said go ahead and post. But I'm sure all that publicity helped.
The channel embed: