VirtuaL journalism summit
Washington State U. looks to have a kick-butt "virtual journalism" summit coming up April 6.
From the home page:
This day-long free event examines the growing popularity and influence of virtual worlds, where there are many real stories unfolding within the “metaverse” and its newly-created 3D spaces. (English translation: Let's look at all the news-related stuff taking place in sites like Second Life and Club Penguin. It's not just pumping a newsfeed into these virtual worlds, but actually reportingon what is happening in those worlds.)
Key technology executives and newsmakers will be on hand to offer insight, tips, and tools for media production in the virtual world.
- Helen Thomas, former White House bureau chief
- Bob Scheiffer, CBS News' chief Washington correspondent
- Philip Rosedale, founder, Second Life
- Lane Merrifield, executive vice president, Walt Disney Internet Group
- Lila King, senior producer, CNN Interactive Storytelling
- Erica Driver, co-founder, ThinkBalm
- Wagner James Au, virtual world journalist
- Bernhard Drax, virtual world journalist