Monday, October 25, 2010

The Awl shows boutique sites still might work

In an era all about scale, it's nice to read the N.Y. Times piece by David Carr about The Awl, a boutique site that isn't trying to be a vertical - just literate.

It gives me hope for some of the other sites out there (even this one - grin - though there are no ads here by design).

Speaking of this one - my apologies for not posting lately, but as lead instructor in our senior semester this year, my energies of necessity have been focused on getting copy cleared and publication (digital and dead-tree, in that order) done. Just when you think you're on top of it. ...

But check out http://www.datelinecarolina.org, which is under reconstruction and will look radically different in a few weeks, or our Facebook page.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10/27/10, 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misspelling in the headline: boutiqe = boutique. Just thought you'd like to correct, considering this is a site that attracts word nerds and spelling cops like myself. ;)
-Amy

 
At 10/27/10, 11:16 AM, Blogger Doug said...

Thanks. Why didn't I catch that? Was rushing, that's why ... gawd I wish I had an "editer."

Fish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home